This Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 1, Lesson 2 lesson plan also includes:
Class members analyze the details of a section of E. B. White’s Death of a Pig to determine a central idea. Learners use turn and talk to discuss the details and ideas they identified. They then work in groups to annotate the text, respond to guided questions, and record new vocabulary words in a journal. Pupils express their final conclusions of the central idea by responding to a writing prompt.
- Have a class discussion on the idea of raising animals for food
- Lesson two of seven in the series
- Sequence of lessons matters
- Activities use chart paper
- Gives possible responses
- Includes vocabulary words readers see in the lesson