This Grade 12 ELA Module 1: Unit 1, Lesson 21 lesson plan also includes:
". . .the chickens have come home to roost." Chapter 16 of The Autobiography of Malcolm X is the focus of this lesson. Readers use their worksheets to record evidence of character development and Haley's stylistic choices that increase tension and suspense.
- Preview YouTube videos of Malcolm X's speech to determine if it is appropriate for your classroom situation
- A protocol must be in place for the safe, respectful discussion of controversial topics
- The 21st lesson in a 28-series unit on narrative writing that uses The Autobiography of Malcolm X as an anchor text, and as a model for the personal narrative required on the college Common Application
- The 16-page packet includes a detailed plan, discussion questions with model responses, and a homework assignment
- Common Core designed lesson