This Grade 12 ELA Module 1: Unit 1, Lesson 25 lesson plan also includes:
Class members return to the discussion of The Autobiography of Malcolm X using the questions they developed and their annotated notes of the events in chapter 17.
1 Collection 5 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Preview the YouTube video of Malcolm X's speech after returning from Mecca to see if appropriate for your class
- The 25th lesson in a 28-series unit on narrative writing that uses The Autobiography of Malcolm X as an anchor text, and as a model for the personal narrative required on the college Common Application
- A protocol must be in place for the safe, respectful discussion of controversial topics
- The 14-page packet includes plan procedures, discussion questions and model responses, and a homework assignment
- A Common Core designed lesson