This Grade 5 Math Module 1, Topic A, Lesson 3 lesson plan also includes:
The activity introduces exponents as a way to write powers of 10 and to associate those powers with place value. Pupils practice writing powers of 10 with exponents along with multiplying numbers by powers of 10. The resource is the third in a sequence of 18.
- Include a discussion to make it clear that exponents do not only apply to powers of 10
- The class should know place value names
- Fluency activities require familiarization with place value tables
- Includes both classroom and homework skill practice
- Highlights mathematical practices within the lesson
- Contains black line masters for all handouts