This Grade 5 Math Module 1, Topic B, Lesson 5 lesson plan also includes:
There is more than one way to write a number. The lesson plan provides teachers with a way to teach reading and writing decimals to thousandths using standard, expanded, and unit forms. Pupils work through in-class and homework activities to practice the skills of writing decimals using different methods in the fifth lesson plan in a series of 18 covering place value and decimal fractions.
- Lead a discussion about how people distinguish where the decimal is in word form
- Class should know how to express numbers in unit form
- Individuals must be familiar with decimal fractions
- Contains reviews as part of the warm-up
- Includes a place value chart to use during the lesson
- Provides questions for the teacher to asses understanding