This Grade 5 Math Module 1, Topic C, Lesson 8 lesson plan also includes:
Go another round on rounding. Pupils refine their learned rounding skills in the eighth installment in an 18-part unit on decimals. The lesson takes away some of the previous scaffolding to encourage scholars to use the procedures that make the most sense to them to use while rounding, as they continue to use the vertical number line to provide explanations.
- Use the exit ticket from the previous lesson to create groups within the current lesson
- Assumes the class has had instruction in rounding decimals with the use of a vertical number line
- Requires learners to be comfortable with writing numbers in various unit forms
- Provides a breakdown of time allotments for each section of the lesson
- Includes sample responses for in-class work
- Contains independent practice problems that are similar to work done during the lesson