This Grade 9 ELA Module 1, Unit 1, Lesson 10 lesson plan also includes:
As you work through a literary analysis unit based on Karen Russell's "St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves," use a writing assessment to measure your class's skills. They choose one epigraph from the story to analyze and track in terms of character development throughout the rest of the text.
- Assign the prompt for homework over a long weekend or vacation period
- Use the assessment as a way to check for understanding, and mark progress on a reading benchmark
- Designed as a mid-unit assessment for the nine preceding units
- You can locate the text for the story on page 258 in the attached module overview
- Promotes critical thinking and self-assessment
- Provides an analysis rubric to guide the assessment process