This Grade 9 ELA Module 1, Unit 1, Lesson 16 lesson plan also includes:
Prepare for the end-of-unit assessment in a unit focused on Karen Russell's "St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves." As your class continues gathering evidence to support or argue against the success of Claudette's adaptation into human society, they begin brainstorming for an analysis essay in the upcoming and final lesson of the series.
- Have your class work together or individually on the prompt brainstorm
- Hand out both the rubric and the writing checklist ahead of time to allow learners to prepare adequately
- You'll find the text for the story on page 258 of the attached module overview
- The 16th of 17 lessons; your class may tire of analyzing the same short story for such a long period
- Comes with a clear writing rubric and checklist to encourage self-assessment and reflection
- Incorporates previous lessons from the unit, most notably the 15th lesson, which includes the Stage Evidence Gathering Tool