This Grade 9 ELA Module 1, Unit 1, Lesson 5 lesson plan also includes:
Finding the central idea in a text is equally important in fiction and nonfiction. Work on analyzing a piece of writing for the central idea with Karen Russell's "St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves," complete with supporting details and connections throughout the story.
- Use the graphic organizers with other short stories in your reading unit
- Have your class read the section together as a small group
- You can find the short story on page 258 of the attached module overview, but not in this resource
- The fifth of a series of lessons focusing on the short story
- Comes with a completed graphic organizer for the central idea notes, as well as a blank version
- Provides a document version of the lesson plan for editing purposes