This Grade 9 ELA Module 1, Unit 2, Lesson 5 lesson plan also includes:
How does word choice influence the meaning and tone of a text? To answer this question, class members listen to a masterful reading of a passage from David Mitchell's Black Swan Green, and then work with a partner to conduct a close reading of the same passage.
- Ask a class member to prepare a masterful reading of the excerpt from "Hangman"
- The fifth in an 11-lesson unit that uses David Mitchell's Black Swan Green as an anchor text
- The unit, the second in a module of three, builds on the protocols and routines established in the first unit
- Text is not available in this resource, but you can find it in the attached complete unit
- In addition to the in-class readings, class members are also responsible for an out-of-class Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) assignment
- The eight-page packet includes the plan, a vocabulary list, differentiation considerations, discussion questions with model responses, and a quick write prompt
- The same format is followed by all the lessons in the module