This Grade 9 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 8 lesson plan also includes:
As a mid-unit assessment, class members craft an in-class essay response to the following prompt: "How does Shakespeare’s development of the characters of Romeo and Juliet refine a central idea in the play?"
1 Collection 7 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Quickly review with the class the rubric that will be used to assess the essays
- The eighth in a 20-lesson unit that uses Romeo and Juliet as an anchor text
- The 20-lesson unit, the third in a module of three, builds on the protocols and routines established in the first unit, including lessons on how to craft in-class expository essays
- The 12-page resource includes a list of the Common Core standards that form the basis of the lesson, the essay prompt, model essay responses, and the rubric
- Class members are encouraged to use their notes as a source of evidence to support their thesis