This Grade 9 ELA Module 2: Unit 1, Lesson 6 lesson plan also includes:
When you have made an end of these labors, it may not be 4 o'clock in the morning, but it's still time to work on textual analysis. Study the resolution of Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" through the thematic lens of guilt and confession, particularly in its reflection within the text structure itself. High schoolers also examine the development of tension and decide which section builds tension most effectively.
- Set up literature circles so that small groups can question and reflect on the reading
- Assign a narrative writing prompt in which individuals mirror Poe's writing style to build tension
- Refer to the attached unit and module files for the necessary worksheets, or take a look at the previous lessons in the unit
- The sixth part of a 13-lesson unit
- Promotes close reading and analytic skills
- Comes with full versions of the unit and module