This Grade 9 ELA Module 2, Unit 2, Lesson 13 lesson plan also includes:
Text structure is vitally important when crafting a rise in tension. Explore Sophocles' choice to order his events in a particular sequence with a lesson about Oedipus the King. As the light of realization begins to dawn on the characters, ninth graders take a closer look at the structure of the text as it relates to the central idea.
- Rather than listen to the reading, have learners act out the parts either from their desks or in front of the class
- Provide magazines or catalogs for your class to create collages depicting an ominous setting
- Omits a section from the text due to time constraints
- The 13th lesson in a 20-part unit
- Promotes close reading and literary analysis
- Comes with a full version of the unit and of the module