This Grade 9 ELA Module 2, Unit 3, Lesson 7 lesson plan also includes:
After viewing an informational video that introduces Bernard Madoff and the concept of a Ponzi scheme, class members begin reading "How Bernard Madoff Did It," Liaquat Ahamed's New York Times book review that explains Madoff's crime and respond to the reading comprehension questions on the provided worksheet.
- Ask a class member to prepare the masterful reading of the "How Bernard Madoff Did It" book review
- Requires copies of Liaquat Ahamed's review "How Bernard Madoff Did It"
- Find a link to the review below
- The seventh in a series of nine related resources designed to be used in order
- The 12-page packet provides links to the video, teacher tips for the lesson, and discussion questions with sample responses
- The Quick Write prompt focuses reader's attention on how Ahamed develops his central idea in the first paragraph on the review
- The homework assignment, designed as a comprehension check, asks learners to describe how a Ponzi scheme works