This Grade 9 ELA Module 3, Unit 1, Lesson 10 lesson plan also includes:
Finish your unit on Temple Grandin's Animals in Translation with a two-part written assessment. As ninth graders refer to their notes, annotations, and discussion guides from the first part of the unit, they prepare for a writing prompt on the text's central idea. Additionally, they discuss the areas of investigation they employed throughout the reading.
- Assign the assessment over two class periods, or have learners finish one part at home and the other part in class
- Encourage your class to share their written responses in a peer editing session
- The final lesson in a series of ten
- Breaks summative assessment into two parts; you can use both or choose the one most relevant to your instruction
- Includes writing rubrics and assessment tools
- Promotes close reading and annotation as relevant study skills