This Grade 9 ELA Module 3, Unit 1, Lesson 9 lesson plan also includes:
There are numerous benefits to keeping animals relaxed and comfortable. Explore Temple Grandin's unique perspective into animal behavior with a lesson that concentrates on a central idea within the text. High schoolers prepare for the final assessment with a collaborative discussion and review of their annotations throughout the unit.
- Assign the rest of the book as independent reading for learners who take an interest in animal behavior or Grandin's method
- Link the unit to a biology lesson about animal behavior
- You can find the necessary worksheets and resources for annotation in the previous lessons in the unit
- The ninth lesson in a series of ten
- Includes a fishbowl discussion activity, which prepares and models proper listening and presenting skills
- Focuses on using textual evidence to support claims