This Grades 9-12 Earth Science lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How has Earth changed over time? Pupils explore the topic in a differentiated instruction unit on the geological time scale. After a pre-assessment to gauge knowledge, class members divide into groups based on their ability levels and complete a RAFT assignment (role, audience, format, topic) on different eras of time by choosing roles. Then, they participate in a lab, a discussion, and a mini-project to learn about half-lives.
- Rearrange groups to have scholars present their time periods to members of other groups
- Have learners take the pre-assessment again at the end of the unit to compare their responses
- Requires some background knowledge of Earth Science for understanding
- Includes video hook to gain learner interest
- Contains rubrics for assessment