This Gradient Between Two Points video also includes:
The rate of change between points describes how quickly one variable changes relative to another. The video instruction concentrates on calculating the slope between two points using the slope formula. The instructor first explains the formula using a graph to illustrate the change in y and change in x prior to calculating the slopes.
- Post as a resource for absent pupils
- Combine with additional videos from the same author to create a complete unit on graphing linear equations.
- Requires a strong conceptual understanding of the slope of a line
- Emphasizes a conceptual understanding of the slope formula
- Provides multiple examples to help reinforce understanding