This Grammaropolis - Complete Edition app also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Allow the residents of this grammar-packed city to teach your pupils the parts of speech with songs, videos, quizzes, and more. Kids can get to know each part of speech and sing along with the catchy tunes!
Explore the city of Grammaropolis by tapping on each of the parts of speech. You can follow the pathway provided to learn about that part of speech, watch videos and music videos, and take quizzes. Feel free to jump around between parts of speech and access the content through several different locations.
- Learn about the parts of speech by following the pathway to watch lively videos and take quick quizzes
- Watch the videos at any time by tapping on the word Videos in the left toolbar
- Read and reread the small books within the pathways and through the left toolbar
- Access tons of additional quizzes for each part of speech through the left toolbar
- Track your progress; the app records your overall progress and overall quiz score, as well as percentages for each part of speech and the extra quizzes
- Receive feedback after you answer each quiz question, whether your response is correct or incorrect
- Tap the information icon available in each part of speech pathway to learn about what the other icons on the page represent
Kids will learn all about the parts of speech from this app, and have fun in the process! The information is reinforced and quizzed regularly when following the path for each part of speech.
While the provided content and special features (progress tracking, extra quizzes, fun factor) add value to the app, the full version is relatively pricey and might cost too much, especially in a 1:1 environment.
The music videos, demonstration videos, and books are fun and engaging. The quizzes are very basic and include only multiple choice questions.
The app is intuitive and easy to use. Users can tap the information icon to view additional instructions.
The app does not contain ads or inappropriate content.
While the progress tracking feature is useful, the app only allows for a single user. There are no other customization options.
How techie do I need to be?
- Set up stations in your class and use this app as one of the stations for grammar reinforcement that kids will enjoy
- If you only have access to one tablet, project your screen to watch the videos and take the quizzes as a class
- Struggling students can play with this app to improve their skills with the parts of speech
- Recommend the app to parents and guardians so kids can play with grammar at home
- If you are in a 1:1 situation, Grammaropolis can act as a great teaching, practice, and reference tool; track each individual's progress by simply taking a look at the progress page
If you don't want to buy the full version of Grammaropolis outright, there is also a free version with in-app purchases. For this version, you get the noun section for free and can buy individual courses for each part of speech or purchase the rest of the app.
- Full of fun songs that students can commit to memory and cute animated videos that demonstrate the parts of speech in action
- The parts of speech are made into characters that kids can learn about and make friends
- Includes plenty of quizzes to help learners master the material
- Some of the songs may be too fast-paced for younger learners
- All quizzes are multiple choice, so you may need to supplement with additional practice with writing and using the parts of speech in sentences
- The app tracks progress for one user only