Graphing points is like painting a picture in algebra. Starting with a number line, the video constructs the coordinate plane. The presentation introduces the concept of a coordinate pair as an intersection of the two lines containing the x- and y-values. The resource discusses the concept of quadrants in the coordinate plane.
- Given a point, have pupils tell in which quadrant it is plotted
- Individuals should know how to plot a rational number on a number line
- Class members need to be familiar with positive and negative numbers
- Provides two different methods of plotting points
- Uses colors to highlight the component the narrator references