What do parallel and perpendicular lines have to do with slope? The video highlights the importance of slope when graphing parallel and perpendicular lines. The instructor shows several examples of lines that are parallel and perpendicular to the line represented by a given equation.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework and using class time for practice
- While watching the video, have your classes make a list of new vocabulary or words that are unfamiliar to them
- If assigning the video to watch at home, ensure the availability of Internet access
- Uses a visual representation of the lines to reinforce the algebraic processes
- Graphs several lines on the same coordinate plane so learners can see connections to them all