This Graphing with Google Docs & Forms lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Get to know your class and teach about data analysis all with the help of Google Docs. Using student-generated questions, create a class survey using Google Forms. Reserve time in the computer lab for learners to complete the form and, amazingly, Google will compile and graph the responses automatically! Display and discuss the results as a whole class, making comparisons and answering questions about the data. A great activity for the first week of school that uses technology to engage children in learning about math.
- Offers sample questions for guiding a discussion about the class data
- Provides sentence frames that support young learners with writing statements about the class data
- Includes links to video tutorials that support the use of Google Docs
- Requires explicit instruction of key vocabulary related to data analysis