This Graphs of Linear Systems: Heart Rate Tracker interactive also includes:
Max out heart rates for males and females. Formulas of maximum heart rates provide the equations for a linear system. Pupils use the interactive to graph the equations for males and females and determine their points of intersection. The scholars then test points to find out if they are solutions to both equations.
- Use a graphing utility to help with determining the point of intersection of the two lines
- The class should understand how to graph a line in slope-intercept form
- Requires signing up for a free account to access the interactive
- The supplemental material provides additional examples
- Shows the correct answer if students select the incorrect answer one
- The grid makes it difficult to solve by graphing