This Great Energy Debate lesson plan also includes:
If someone yelled for eight years and eight months, they could produce enough energy to heat one cup of coffee. A lesson on energy encourages scholars to research 10 different energy sources in groups before playing a game. Twenty statements are listed for each type and groups must decide if each is a fact, an advantage, or a disadvantage for each energy source.
- After the lesson, have learners write an essay on what they believe to be an ideal balance of energy sources
- Research the cost, financial and environmental, of each energy source
- If Internet access is not available for research, find articles or other sources
- List of statements allows pupils of multiple ability levels to work together
- Encourages respectful discussion even when disagreeing