Diabetes is the most common endocrine disorder in the United States, affecting about eight percent of the total population. The working parts of the endocrine system are examined in a video that demonstrates how cells receive information pertaining to growth and development via steroids, peptides, and monoamines. Viewers also learn about what each organ or gland of the endocrine system does for the body.
- Use this short video to introduce the endocrine system
- Have stations around the room, one for each human body system, and have this video at one station for reviewing the Endocrine system
- Video 33 in a series of 40
- Video contains a table of contents so teacher can reshow specific segments
- Related videos are embedded