Gaius Plinius Secundus, known as Pliny the Elder, should not to be confused with Gaius Plinius Caecilius Secundus, known as Pliny the Younger. Video describes the process of Pliny the Elder creating what turned into the first encyclopedia. This was a huge advancement for society and still influences scholars today.
- Bring in a set of encyclopedias to show students who have likely never seen one
- Discuss the power of scientists and the media in influencing culture by inserting opinions
- Remember YouTube comments are open to the public and are often not classroom appropriate
- Video is the 10th in a 25-part series
- Provides closed captioning, which can aid in note taking
- Entertaining and engaging