The first person to discover the structure of DNA is not the person who won the Nobel prize for the discovery. While we know Rosalind Franklin was the first to discover the structure of DNA, her work was shared with others who went on to claim they had discovered it.
- Use the quotes from Watson to discuss libel
- Interview current female scientists to see if they still face challenges because of their gender
- Be aware that some YouTube comments are insulting and should not be shared in the classroom
- Video is the 11th in a series of 25
- Includes cross-curricular connections to history, women's rights, and science
- Provides closed captioning for hearing impaired students
- Highly engaging material that should intrigue learners