This Great Red Spot Pinwheel lesson plan also includes:
The great red spot on Jupiter is 12,400 miles long and 7,500 miles wide. For this sixth part of a 22-part series, individuals model the rotation of the Great Red Spot on Jupiter. To round out the activity, they discuss their findings as a class.
4 Views 3 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Show a short clip of the Great Red Spot on Jupiter before completing the activity
- Depending upon what teachers add to the activity, it could take between 15 and 45 minutes
- Requires a fairly large area for the group to move such as a hallway
- Activity is simple to incorporate into a discussion about Jupiter
- Requires few materials
- Cannot find video in link under "materials used"