Beginning with a description that sets the stage, learners are asked to break down the numbers 42 and 63 to find the greatest common denominator using factor trees. As they work through the factoring process, young mathematicians are asked to respond to five questions about the GCF, prime numbers, and the relationship between factors and multiples.
- Use as an instructional tool during a lesson on GCF
- Assign the link to Google Classroom
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the materials
- The learn more link provides further expansion on the topic
- Contains five questions that have both open ended and multiple choice responses