This Green Roof Design lesson plan also includes:
Green roofs aren't just eco-friendly — they are literally green with trees. Groups learn about the concept of green roofs in order to be able to design one. The groups design a 5,000-square-foot green roof for a fictional apartment row house in Brooklyn. The materials present the design and presentation components in an RFP format, providing an authentic, real-world assignment.
- Bring in people from the community to sit in the audience for the presentations
- Change the location to a local spot
- Classes in rural settings may not understand about heat islands in urban locations
- Provides a section for teachers to help with misconceptions
- Contains links for groups to learn more about green roofs before making their designs
- The link for the image of the neighborhood in NYC does not work