After a reading of Lois Ehlert's Planting a Rainbow, class members plan a rainbow garden, research growing cycles of the fruits and vegetables in their section, and then plant and maintain the garden.
12 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Take photos of the garden at various stages of the growing cycle and create a class book of the rainbow garden
- Assign groups the responsibility of watering, weeding, and maintaining their section of the garden over the course of the year
- The activity requires a collection of old seed catelogues
- Kids research the the different needs of seeds, seedlings, bulbs, and cuttings before selecting the plants that wold thrive in their section of the garden
- The plan includes complete directions for the collage and planting activities