This resource also includes:
The U.S. Guest-Worker Program and the H-2A visa are the focus of a social studies activity. First, class members assume the role of advisors who must present the president with four proposals that would amend the visas given to immigrants in the guest worker programs. After studying the four proposals, these advisors detail the strengths and weaknesses of each proposal before issuing their recommendation.
- Have groups investigate the current requirements of the H-2A and the H-2B visa programs
- Have groups research the attitudes of the current president and prepare arguments that would appeal to him/her
- The second in a series of 11 resources, designed to be used in order, that examine issues of immigration
- The materials were copyrighted in 2016, and do not reflect more current debate about immigration
- The seven-page packet includes a step-by-step plan, a three-page article of background information on the guest-worker program, the copy of the four proposals, and a graphic organizer