This Gulliver's Travels Teacher's Notes lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Who are "the most pernicious race of little odious vermin that nature ever suffered to crawl upon the surface of the earth”? Readers of Gulliver’s Travels will learn the answer, as the journey with Lemuel Gulliver to Lilliput, Brobdingnag, and to the country of the Houyhnhnms. Prepare class members for Gulliver’s adventures with a teacher’s guide that includes background on Jonathan Swift, chapter by-chapter summaries, suggestions for pre-reading activities, discussion questions, and a link to vocabulary activities.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Role play exercises, writing activities, and group work are suggested for each section of the novel
- No background information is provided on the satirical elements of the novel
- The exercises and activities are better suited to younger students