This Gumdrop Atoms activity & project also includes:
There's nothing sticky about the resource, unless you count the gumdrops! Scholars create a model of a lithium atom, complete with protons, neutrons, and electrons. It's just that these models are made with gumdrops and toothpicks.
335 Views 284 Downloads CCSS: Designed NGSS: Designed
- Provide each group with a different molecule and have them share their models with the class
- Pupils should be familiar with atoms and molecules from the previous lesson (this is the second installment of a six-part Mixtures and Solutions unit)
- Some materials are necessary for the activity, including gumdrops and toothpicks
- Includes a worksheet with answer key
- Middle school learners will appreciate the hands-on nature of the activity