The haiku, one of the most popular fixed forms, is the subject of this writing activity, the seventh in a series of ten poetry exercises.
1 Collection 104 Views 134 Downloads
- Ask poets to illustrate their haiku and post the poem around the classroom
- Collect all the poems into a book for the classroom library
- Have individuals create a personal poetry notebook including the 10 poems from this series
- Consider revising the worksheet to include a second box where kids list words and images associated with their topic
- The worksheet includes specific directions, haiku rules, models, and a planning worksheet