This Haiku: Lesson Plan for Teachers activity & project also includes:
After examining winning entries to the Nicholas A. Virgilio Memorial Haiku Competition, young poets try their hand at this fixed form.
99 Views 89 Downloads
- After modeling how to write a haiku, as guided practice select a topic, have class members brainstorm images, and then ask individuals to use these ideas to craft a haiku
- Have kids illustrate their poems and either post their work creating a haiku gallery or collect the poems into a class book
- Submit entries to the Nicholas A. Virgilio Memorial Haiku Competition
- The added value in this resource is the attached list of award-winning haiku written by young poets
- Reluctant writers may need additional scaffolding