Young chefs engage in an interdisciplinary cooking lesson converting measurements within a recipe, crafting noodles, gathering herbs from the school garden, and making fettuccine for a class luncheon.
43 Views 29 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- For those with food allergies, have one group use rice or almond flour for their noodles
- Laminate the recipe and the conversion table to prevent soiling and for reuse
- The activity is designed for classes that have a school garden and access to burners for cooking the stock and pasta
- The activity requires significant set-up time
- Included in the packet are the conversion table, specific directions, a materials list, and a detailed plan
- No provisions are made for those class members with food allergies