Celebrate Hanukkah with an engaging lesson plan about the history of the dreidel! After reading or listening to a short description of the dreidel's place in the Hanukkah celebration, young learners work on their own dreidels from classroom materials before playing the game themselves.
- Display the dreidels during a unit on Hanukkah or winter holidays
- Encourage pupils to teach their parents the dreidel game if they don't know it already
- See if any students who celebrate Hanukkah would like to share their experiences with peers
- All links to auxiliary materials are functional
- Applicable for elementary and middle schoolers alike