Astronomers classify all elements that are not hydrogen or helium as metals. Their "heaviness" causes turbulence that may form metal stars. An installment of a comprehensive solar system series explains how scientists believe these stars form and grow.
- Create a Venn diagram to compare and contrast metal stars with the earth's sun
- Shade the elements of a periodic table found in stars
- Ensure pupils have a basic understanding of the elements of the periodic table
- Video instructor shows excitement for the material that is contagious
- Includes links to additional resources on the same topic