This Harpers Ferry Letters lesson plan also includes:
Scholars write letters as if they were someone who heard the story of John Brown's raid. The resource, a standalone, covers information from primary sources that is important to West Virginian history: the Harpers Ferry Letters.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Differentiate for English learners by allowing them to work in groups
- Flip the lesson by assigning the letter writing portion as homework
- Requires access to devices with Internet connection
- Teaches middle and high schoolers about the subjectivity of history and primary sources
- Builds writing skills, media literacy, and the ability to analyze multiple points of view