This Harriet Beecher Stowe: Author and Abolitionist lesson plan also includes:
Scholars use primary documents, video clips, and legal decisions to uncover Harriet Beecher Stowe's motives for writing Uncle Tom's Cabin. They create a 21st century book jacket for the novel to capture the purpose behind Stowe's story.
18 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Extension opportunity with other PBS resources on abolitionist leaders found here
- Read a section of Uncle Tom's Cabin out loud in class for the auditory learners to hear the story with voice inflection included
- Be aware of the sensitivity of the topic of slavery
- Resource contains printable worksheets and graphic organizers
- Provides questions to use during the video to stimulate thought