This Health and the Whole Person unit also includes:
The first lesson of the unit introduces class members to the social, physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual constituent elements of health and the need for balance among these elements. Class members used the provided assessment to reflect on the balance of the elements in their lives.
- If a protocol is not yet in place for safe, respectful discussion of personal topics, take the time to establish such a protocol that includes ground rules for behavior
- Many of the worksheets and journals are used in multiple sessions; therefore, have class members create a special folder for these materials, and have them bring this folder to each class session
- The first in a series of 10 resources focusing on the Social, Physical, Emotional, Cognitive and Spiritual (SPECS) elements of health
- The five-page packet includes an overview of the purpose and directions for each activity
- The labeling of the handouts may prove confusing since they have both a resource number and an activity number