This Health and the Whole Person unit plan also includes:
To begin the second year of a health and wellness course, class members review the aspects of social, physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual health investigated the previous year. After completing the provided self-assessment worksheet, individuals use their personal journals to reflect on what the assessment tells them about their five areas of health.
- Many of the worksheets and the journal are used in multiple sessions and multiple years; therefore, have class members create a special folder where they can save these materials and have them bring this folder to each class session
- The first in a series of 10 resources focusing on Social, Physical, Emotional, Cognitive and Spiritual (SPECS) health
- The series presumes that a protocol has been established that permits a safe and respectful discussion of highly-charged issues
- The series revisits lessons from the previous year and requires class members to use information sheets provided in that course
- The six-page packet includes directions for instructors, activities, a resource list, a script for a visualization exercise, and journal prompts
- The labeling of the handouts may prove confusing since they have both a resource number and an activity number