This Heat and Thermal Energy Transfer lesson plan also includes:
How does radiation affect our daily lives? Answer that question and others with a lesson that discusses radiation and its use in thermal energy transfer through electromagnetic waves. Pupils investigate vaporization and evaporation while relating this to the Earth and its oceans. The activity concludes with multiple opportunities for differentiated learning.
- Research the history of radiation and its use in weapons of mass destruction
- Discuss the effects of radiation on the body from both a long and short-term perspective
- Ensure all pupils follow safety precautions when heating equipment to avoid burns or injury
- Provides the ability to expand in multiple ways while focusing on the key point in the lesson
- Hands-on application ensures engagement so learners will understand the concepts conveyed