Narrow down your questions about author perspective, historical context, and veracity of claims in a document with the help of a historical reading chart. Learners track the basics of the document along with advanced evaluation skills and literary analysis skills.
- Laminate the chart for use in small reading groups or when discussing a historical document in class
- Assign each section of the chart to members of small groups, who can report on their findings after reading the same document
- Use the prompts section to craft research projects or to create theses for document-based writing
- Advantageous for readers of any level when putting a document into context
- A great way to focus critical reading for kids who need help seeing past the subject matter of a document