This History's Most Powerful Plants video also includes:
At one point, scale trees accounted for nearly half of the biomass in North America and Europe. An installment of a longer video series introduces these strange plants and describes their features, adaptations, and eventual demise. It also discusses how we use these plants today.
- Map the areas of carboniferous trees prior to and after the Permian period for comparison
- Research the amount of coal used for fuel in your area
- Relies on prior knowledge of geologic periods in Earth's history
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Highlights vocabulary throughout
- Offers closed captioning for the hearing impaired