Convection currents do more than just bake a cake. A quick lesson demonstrates the convection currents of the earth and how they contribute to continental drift. An animation illustrates the movement of the currents and demonstrates how they affect the land masses they touch.
- Assign different continental drift concepts to various groups to present to the class
- Capture the progression images from the video to present in order
- Assumes a prior understanding of convection currents
- Offers several options for additional lessons on the same topic
- Animation helps to understand the movement and consequence of the convection currents