Transform studying about veterans in a textbook to personal interviews with veterans in the community. Four varying lesson plans make up an entire unit or individualized learning based on your class's needs. Exercises include researching veterans, interviewing them, and inviting them to school for a memorial service.
- Assign each individual their own blog to discuss personal experiences and interviews with veterans
- Plan suggests taking a field trip to The Wall That Heals in Washington DC, but works without the trip
- Requires computer and Internet access
- Provides performance evaluation questions
- Helps build the community and teaches empathic skills
- Pupils better understand veterans' experiences by speaking with them personally