This Hooking Your Reader lesson plan also includes:
Hook your class into inquiry-based, hands-on learning with a activity on narrative leads. Pupils research different types of hooks and decide which one to use in their own writing. Carefully scaffolded to include all learners, the activity is a great catch.
- Publish young writers' leads on a class blog
- Use the lesson as a model for teaching narrative conclusions
- Seat your class in small groups of four so they may collaborate
- Supplementals listed in the resource are available on YouTube
- Use the flip book from the activity for the rest of the school year