This Hoot: Concept/Vocabulary Analysis activity & project also includes:
Augment your unit on Carl Hiaasen's Hoot with a series of activities about the environment, civil disobedience, making an impact in the world, and growing up. A list of literary concepts and themes helps you to write your lessons to focus on the most important ideas from the novel. Several extension activities offer an excellent way to enrich your class's understanding.
- Use the extension activities as part of a larger theme based on making a difference in the world
- A great addition to Earth Day or a unit about conservation
- Connect with social studies when implementing the activities about civil disobedience and Henry David Thoreau
- Variety of activities and projects are appealing to learners of all levels
- Literary themes are insightful
- Includes several additional activities and resources, including vocabulary squares and a reading list (attached)